Ragnar0k
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ragnar0k

A community of close friends, dedicated to staying in contact, fighting off zombie hordes and unleashing GREAT JUSTICE upon the enemies of the free world.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raszsasal

Raszsasal

Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Empty
PostSubject: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Was the Last Supper the Passover Meal? Most would say yes, but if you look at the timing, it makes no sense. The Passover Meal was eaten AFTER the lamb was slaughtered, Jesus had not died yet.

Also, St. Paul clarifies for us that Jesus IS the Passover Lamb, yet if He died on Friday at 3 pm, he would have died at the wrong time. Deut. 16:6 states very clearly when the Passover lamb was to be killed.

Me, David and a friend of ours have been researching into these questions ALOT and so far we think that the Last Supper was NOT the Passover meal (but He was eating the Passover with them, Passover = The Passover + 7 days of the Feast of Unleavend Bread)

David think Jesus died on Thursda, because in all the Gospels it says Jesus died on the day of preperation. This 'day of preperation' is mentioned no where in the old testament, so David thinks that it is a Jewish custom that had combined the preciding Thursday with Friday (Passover Day) and that formed like their Passover Day. I don't know if I believe that though.

Considering this is a kind of essential aspect to our faith, I really want to search these answers out. Here is the website that initiated these questions.

http://www.bible.ca/d-3-days-and-3-nights.htm#III

Please involve yourself in this question, I want to know what you guys think about it

Thanks! God Bless!
Back to top Go down
Tamara

Tamara

PostSubject: Re: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

You guys have been going into topics that I may not have thought enough about.
The timing of the passover has not been a discussion that I have ever gotten wrapped up in.
I would need to look into the subject and research a bit before I could say anything.
Otherwise I think you should continue to bring up more topics and start posting.
Back to top Go down
Raszsasal

Raszsasal

PostSubject: ty   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:07 am

here's another. The Bible always refers to the 12 tribes of Isreal right? Well what about Joseph? Why is he not a tribe? At first you would say because his sons, (I forget their names) became 2 seperate tribes and in Genesis Jacob says to Joseph "I take your sons as mine" ok, but now you have 13 tribes. But then people would say that the Levits were not counted because of their priestly duties, they were not given land. True, but in Exodus, the breastpiece that Aaron wore had 12 stones on it, each representing the 12 "sons" of Isreal, and presumable also the twelve tribes. This was BEFORE the Levites were not given land, it specifically says that the stones represent the sons, so how does that work? one stone must have said "Joseph" on it, becuase if his sons were included, there would have been 13. Levi's decendents may not have gotten land, but he was still known as a son of Isreal. Just another point to ponnder.
Back to top Go down
Tamara

Tamara

PostSubject: Re: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm

dang how many opportunities have you had to discuss the bible with people at Hope?
Back to top Go down
Raszsasal

Raszsasal

PostSubject: daily   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:51 pm

its a daily thing honestly, it's because Hope is just centered around those things, so its something that we discuss regurally. And me and David talk it 24/7 our place is one big bible study pad, tons of reasources, and this community is such a blessing, i know i wont have it much longer, but im enjoying it while i can.
Back to top Go down
Tamara

Tamara

PostSubject: Re: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:05 am

In regards to the question about the 12 tribes of Isreal what were some of the answers that you discussed with other people from hope? For me I can't quite give an "opinion" on this since it might have everything to do with knowing more on the subject, culturally, biblically, ect.
Back to top Go down
Raszsasal

Raszsasal

PostSubject: we haven't   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 pm

we actually haven't yet, finals have been keeping us really busy, how about you? are you done with fianls?
Back to top Go down
Tamara

Tamara

PostSubject: Re: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Oh yea... I have been done with finals since last thursday. Thankgoodness.
I worked my tush off to make sure that I got through this crazy semester with the grades I wanted.
In the end, i didn't know if my efforts paid off but I found out a couple days ago that everything paid off. lol now i just have to do the same next semester and im not sure if ill have to work harder or not. welllll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?   Last Supper = Passover Meal......No? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Supper = Passover Meal......No?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnar0k :: General :: SERIOUS discussion-
Jump to: